HDMI over Cat7 requires the use of an HDMI over extender, which consists of a transmitter and receiver unit.
HDMI over CAT7 (category 7) refers to the transmission of HDMI video signals over a CAT7 Ethernet cable.
CAT7 cables are designed to support data rates up to 10 Gigabits per second (Gbps) and frequencies up to 600 MHz, making them suitable for transmitting high-definition video signals.
To transmit HDMI video signals over CAT7 cables, you will need an HDMI-to-Ethernet converter or similar device.
That is capable of encoding the HDMI signal into a digital format that can be transmitted over the Ethernet network.
The HDMI signal can then be decoded at the receiving end and displayed on a monitor or other display device.
What can Cat7 cable support?
HDMI over Cat 7 (Category 7) is a method of transmitting high-definition video and audio using standard Ethernet cables.
Cat7 can support high bandwidth and HDCP. It requires a compatible port and adapter for proper connectivity.
Orei’s 4K HDMI/USB-C Extender over single Cat6/Cat7 offers 4K@60Hz UltraHD with HDR & IR Control up to 165ft with EDID Management. Maximum distance supported is around 200ft.
1. 4K@60Hz UltraHD with HDR & IR Control up to 165ft
2. EDID Management
3. Dolby pass through and uncompressed PCM audio
4. HDCP 1.4 compliant
5. Uncompressed data transmission.
Orei HDMI Extender and Features
Orei’s HDMI/USB-C Extender over single cable allows for pushing the limits of 7.1 channel audio and lossless video.
It supports transmission of lower video resolutions such as 1080p@60Hz with high-definition multi-channel audio. This kit is enabled with power over (POC) feature for long-distance transmission.
It can extend 4k hdmi signal and works with hdmi 2.0 also. cat5e are reverse compatible. Power adapter and hdmi input can work over a 150 foot ethernet .
NVIDIA SHIELD and router can be connected to Blu-ray player over network with a signal booster to extend up to 400ft.
Shorter ranges and Standard video – Limits of Cat7 HDMI device
Cat7 are generally capable of transmitting standard video at shorter ranges. But their performance may be limited by the capabilities of the devices on either end.
The quality of the connectors and adapters being used. It is important to note that they can support high bandwidth and fast data transfer rates.
They may not be able to transmit high-definition audio and video formats at longer ranges or with the same level of quality as other types of HDMI .
In order to achieve the best possible performance, it is recommended to use high-quality , connectors, and adapters. Keep the cable length as short as possible.
Additionally, it is important to ensure that the devices on either end are compatible . Support the desired audio and video formats.
Pros of HDMI extender over Cat 7 compared to Cat cable 6 and Cat 5
There are several potential benefits
- Higher transmission speeds: Cat 7 are capable of transmitting data at speeds of more than 10 Gbps. While Cat six cables are limited to speeds of up to 10 Gbps. Old ones are limited to speeds of up to 1 Gbps.
- This means that can potentially support higher resolutions and refresh rates when used for HDMI transmission.
- Greater distance: HDMI over can potentially support longer transmission distances than HDMI over Cat six or cat five.
- This can be useful in situations where the source and display are not located in close proximity to each other.
- Better signal quality: have a higher level of shielding and crosstalk protection than Cat six or Cat five cables, which can help to improve the overall quality and reduce interference.
- Future-proofing: are the most recent generation of Ethernet , and as such, they may offer greater support for new technologies and higher resolutions in the future.
Performance of HDMI over Cat cables
It’s worth noting that the actual performance of HDMI over may depend on the specific extender being used. As well as the length and quality of the being used.
In some cases, HDMI over Cat six or Cat five may be sufficient for a particular application.
Use high quality Ethernet cable and 4K HDMI extender over Cat 7 for reliable long-distance video transmission.
If you are looking to transmit 4K video over a long distance, it is recommended to use a high quality Ethernet , such as a Cat6 cable.
They are also designed to reduce crosstalk and interference. It is also a good idea to use an HDMI extender.
Both fiber optic cables and digital signage can be useful for displaying HDMI signals in a variety of settings. Including conference rooms, classrooms, retail stores, and other public spaces.
Top 5 Best Cat7 cable with 4k 1080p HDMI extender
- The Monoprice HDMI over Cat 7/Cat6 other Active Extender is a reliable and cost-effective option for extending HDMI up to 115 feet (35 meters) using or Cat cables. It supports resolutions up to 4K and 3D video, as well as audio up to 7.1 channels.
- The Gefen EXT-HDMI1.3-CAT7 is capable of HDMI up to 230 feet (70 meters) using cables. It supports resolutions up to 1080p and audio up to 5.1 channels, and includes built-in equalization and amplification for optimal performance.
- The J-Tech Digital HDMI over previous cat/Cat 7 Extender is a versatile option that supports transmission distances of up to 300 feet (91 meters) using previous cat or cables. It supports resolutions up to 4K and audio up to 7.1 channels, and includes built-in EDID management for compatibility with a wide range of displays.
- The Tripp Lite B126-1A1 HDMI over cat Extender is a reliable and cost-effective option for extending HDMI up to 300 feet (91 meters) using cables. It supports resolutions up to 1080p and audio up to 5.1 channels, and includes built-in equalization and amplification for optimal performance.
- The Sewell Direct SW-29800 BlastIR Pro HDMI Extender is a high-performance option that supports transmission distances of up to 200 feet (61 meters) using previous version, or Cat 7 cables.
- It supports resolutions up to 4K and audio up to 7.1 channels, and includes built-in equalization and amplification for optimal performance. It also includes a built-in IR repeater for remote control compatibility.
Will Cat7 cable work with Cat6?
Yes, Cat 7 cables are backwards compatible with , Cat 5e, and other lower category cables. This means that a Cat 7 cable can be used in place of a Cat 6, Cat 5e, or other lower category cable, and it will work just fine.
Are Cat7 cables worth it?
In general, Cat 7 cables can offer some potential benefits over lower category cables, including higher transmission speeds and greater distance support. However, the actual value of a Cat 7 cable will depend on the specific needs and requirements of the user.
Does HDMI over Ethernet support audio?
Yes, HDMI over Ethernet (also known as HDMI over Cat5, HDMI over Cat6, or HDMI over Cat7) can support audio transmission in addition to video. Many HDMI over Ethernet extenders support audio up to 7.1 channels, which includes support for Dolby Digital, DTS, and other surround sound formats.
What is HDMI 2.1 over Cat version 6 and Cat 7 – Spec
HDMI 2.1 is the latest version of the HDMI specification, which was released in November 2017.
It introduces several new features and capabilities, including support for higher resolutions, higher refresh rates, and enhanced audio capabilities.
HDMI 2.1 over refers to the use of HDMI 2.1 signals over Ethernet cables, specifically Cat cable 6 or Cat 7 cables.
These cables are capable of data at high speeds, making them suitable for HDMI 2.1 signals over longer distances than is possible with traditional HDMI cables.
To transmit HDMI 2.1 signals over cables, an HDMI 2.1 over extender is required. These extenders consist of a transmitter unit, which is connected to the HDMI 2.1 source, and a receiver unit, which is connected to the HDMI 2.1 display.
The transmitter and receiver units are connected by a cable, which transmits the HDMI 2.1 signal from the source to the display.
Using HDMI 2.1 over can be a convenient and cost-effective way to extend HDMI 2.1 signals over long distances, and can support high-resolution and high-refresh-rate video and enhanced audio capabilities.
However, it’s worth noting that the actual performance of HDMI 2.1 over may depend on the specific extender being used, as well as the length and quality of the Cat6 or cable being used.
Cat 7/6 Compatibility
However, it’s worth noting that while a Cat 7 cable is capable of data at speeds of up to 10 Gbps. The actual performance of the cable will depend on the capabilities of the devices and equipment being used.
For example, if you are using a Cat 7 cable to connect two devices that are only capable of data at speeds of up to 1 Gbps, the Cat 7 cable will not be able to provide any additional performance benefits over a lower category cable.
In general, it’s a good idea to use the highest category cable that is supported by your devices and equipment. As this will ensure that you are able to take advantage of the full range of capabilities of your system.
However, in many cases, a lower category cable may be sufficient for your needs, and using a higher category cable will not provide any significant benefits.