To send mail in bulk or add in another email client, you need to export gmail contacts in different formats. In 2019, the interface has changed a bit. In the same way, if you are changing from Outlook, you need to import contacts to Gmail.
The tutorials on the internet are little obsolete.
How to Export Contacts from Gmail
1. Login to your Gmail account.
2. Click on the 9 square icon which indicates Google Apps.
3. Scroll through the apps, until you find the “Contacts” app.
4. Click on it.
5. Another page opens related to Contacts. Otherwise, you can enter “contacts.google.com” in the address bar.
6. On the left-hand side you will see different items like Contacts, Frequently contacted, Duplicates, Labels etc.
7. Click on the “More” item
8. You can see two options here – 1. Import 2. Export
9. When you click “Export”, a small pop-up opens.
10. You can export selected contacts or all contacts or contacts in a particular list.
11. You can export them in Google CSV, Outlook CSV and vCard (for iOS Contacts) formats.
The above feature can be used to download contacts from Gmail as well. If you are changing to iPhone this will help to import your friends email addresses, without typing manually. Changing from one Gmail account to another, will also require to export and import contact into the new account.
Where are Contacts in Gmail 2019
Just type in contacts.google.com on the address bar after sign-in into Gmail or Google account. All your contacts will be visible. You can import and export them in different formats.
It will save in the desired format as a file. For example, the Google CSV file format will contain information like –
b. Given Name
c. Additional Name
d. Family Name
e. Yomi Name
f. Maiden Name
j. Group Membership
k. E-mail 1 – Type
l. E-mail 1 – Value
m. Phone 1 – Type
n. Phone 1 – Value
and many other details.
To import Gmail contacts follow these steps.
1. Click on the Import item. Another pop-up opens
2. To import contacts select a CSV or vCard file, using “Select file”.
To import contacts from another Gmail account, just export those contacts in Google CSV format. Then select that file and click Import.
But you may face some problems during import of contacts. This is because of certain limitations.
1. You cannot import more than 3000 contacts at a time.
2. You need to split the contacts into multiple CSVs, if the contacts are more than 3000.
3. At the maximum, you can import 25000 contacts.
4. You have to select the right file format. It should be either vCard or CSV file.