It is not easy to do minimal tasks like adding accounts in Redmi Note 4. To add or remove Google Accounts (using Gmail) you might look at Settings. But there you will find only Google setting.
This will give more options like Ad preferences, Google Account info, security, personlization, apps connected etc. But the setting to do the above task is somewhat hidden in Redmi Note 4.
The latest Android version for this mobile is 7.0NRD90M. The stable MIUI version for Redmi Note 4 is MIUI Global 10.2, with minor version being 10.2.3.0(NCFMIXM). You can check this under Settings > About phone.
In this post we are going to see steps to add or remove Google Accounts in Redmi Note 4.
For this you need to use the Home Screen > Google settings.
In that open Google. This will open the personalized feed and notification page, with your Google account at the top.
Even if you have not added any account till now, you could see a round colored symbol at the top. Click on it.
How to Add Google Account in Redmi Note 4
1. Tap on “Add another account” in the next pop-up.
2. Then on next screen, tap on Google.
2. It will ask for your phone authorization like PIN, FingerPrint, etc.
3. Then Google login page will come up.
4. After entering username and password, you have to agree to two policy pages.
5. Then your Google account will be added.
How to Remove Google Account from Redmi Note 4
1. Tap on “Manage accounts on this device“.
2. Under Other category, you can see Google, just below Mi Account.
3. You can see all the Google accounts added till now here.
4. Tap the Google account you want to remove.
5. This will open the Sync screen.
6. At the bottom end you will see the More … option.
7. You will find “Remove account“.
8. Tap it and your account will be removed.
Final Words …
These settings are little hidden in the Redmi Note 4 mobile compared to other Android mobiles like Samsung, LG, Lenovo etc. Even if you are using old version of MIUI, you should be able to do this task in a similar fashin. Only a few screens may change here and there.