In 2019, it is important you save your photos, audio, image, video files online. This works as a backup plan. If you lose your “private” data you can get it back easily through cloud storage service.
This is where free online storage comes into play. There are lot of free cloud services, but are limited in disk space. If you want to get unlimited cloud storage, you have to pay high price like $69/year plan.
What if you have cloud services which can provide free file storage for unlimited time.
Table of Contents
There are lot of free instant-access online storage like the following –
- DropBox : 2GB
- OneDrive : 5GB
- Box: 10GB
- Google Drive: 15GB
- hubiC: 25GB
- MEGA : 50GB
- Degoo: 100GB
- iCloud: 5GB
- Amazon Drive: 5GB + unlimited photos with Prime
- BT Cloud: 5GB – 500 GB
As you can see above, the amount of free storage for each cloud service is limited. For example, 1TB storage plan of Google One will cost you around $9.99/month.
To save money on your cloud storage plans, the best alternative is to use multiple cloud sharing services. It includes services like Otixo, RaiDrive, CloudHQ, ODrive and many others.
But out of all these free cloud storage providers, the best free cloud service is to use MultCloud.
How to get Free Unlimited Cloud Storage using different Services
Follow the below steps to get largest free cloud storage.
1. Sign into MultCloud ( https://www.multcloud.com/). You can always Sign-up, if you don’t have an account.
2. On the left-hand side, click on “Add Cloud Drives“.
3. There are number of cloud services available. The list is something like this – Google Drive, Google Drive for G Suite, Dropbox, Dropbox for Business, OneDrive, OneDrvie for Business, MEGA, FTP, AmazonDrive, AmazonS3, Box, pCloud, Flickr, Mediafire, MySQL, HubiC, Egnyte, Putio, SugarSync, Backblaze, Evernote and Alfresco.
4. Out of these, it is always best to choose a web storage plan that is reliable and gives more free storage.
5. Between OneDrive and Google Drive, I find that the later provides 15GB of free storage.
6. Select that cloud storage service and click on Next.
7. You are asked to provide a “Display Name” and then click the “Add Google Drive Account” button. That’s it.
8. Your Google Drive account is added.
Note: Here is the trick to get unlimited cloud backup.
There are two features in MultCloud – Cloud Explorer and Cloud Transfer.
9.. Select the cloud drive you added recently on the left-hand side.
10. You can upload documents directly in the Cloud Explorer. There are other options when you right-click any existing folder like – Open, New Folder, Upload, Delete, Rename, Cut, Copy, Share, Copy to, Properties, Trash, Go to official site etc.
11. Like this, you can create unlimited Google accounts and each has 15 GB of free storage.
For example if you have 6 accounts, then you get 90GB of free online web space for storing your files.
If like me, you have subscribed to the monthly plan of Google One and have stored more than the stipulated 15GB free space, you can use the Cloud Transfer feature.
You can select the directory you want to transfer and the target directory. This can be of the same accounts or different accounts. Then click on “Transfer Now“.
What are the limited features of this service
The free account supports –
- 50GB Data Traffic/Month (Free users have 50GB data traffic in total to transfer or sync data between cloud storage services every month.)
- Add Additional Data traffic if required.
- 2 Synchronization Modes are supported. (Two-way Sync and Simple Sync supported)
- Cloud-to-Cloud File Transfer/Sync
- File Explorer for Multi-clouds
There is a cap of 2TB max for cloud transfer. Above that limit, you need to buy their Pro plan. This is Billed at $0.118/GB or $0.099/GB if Data Traffic Limit Reached. You also get additional features.
you need phone number to create google account, so to get unlimited storage you need unlimited phone number…
@anon: You can use just one phone number, for multiple accounts. I’m using it like that.