Do you have an HDMI extender over Cat5 or Cat6 that is not working properly?
There are some general troubleshooting steps that can help you diagnose the issue.
First, check your cables to ensure they are securely connected.
And not damaged in any way.
If the cables appear to be good.
Then try using another HDMI cable and a different port on your device.
Additionally, ensure that your device supports HDR.
If you plan on using it for 4K content.
If the issue persists, it may be necessary to reset the devices involved.
In the connection by unplugging them from power for a few seconds.
And then plugging them back in.
For more specific steps related to Startech or IR-enabled extenders.
Consult the product manual or contact customer support.
Table of Contents
What is the need of an HDMI extender?
It is a device used to extend the range of an HDMI connection.
From one source to another.
It can be used for , connecting multiple , or simply extending the range of an existing connection.
It consists of an adapter, switch, input, receiver and source .
The adapter is connected to the switch, which then connects to the input .
This input device can either be a converter or an HDMI port.
In addition to this, power needs to be supplied.
In order for the transmission of data between the two points to take place.
If there are any issues with the connection, it may be necessary to power cycle both ends.
Or, check the connectors on each end.
It is possible to connect a source such as a computer or game console directly into a receiver.
Without having to use an additional input.
What are the pros of using an HDMI extender?
The main pros are:
1. Reduces cable clutter: allow you to transmit HD signal from one device to another without wires, avoiding the need for complex cabling.
2. Allows for easy adjustment and placement: Wireless provide maximum flexibility when it comes to placing source and TV where you want.
3. No Wi-Fi required: Many are furnished with wireless modules that guarantee the transmitter can transmit clear audio and video signal to the recipient without utilizing Wi-Fi data transfer capacity.
4. Long-distance transmission: Some have a transmission range of hundreds of feet, allowing you to extend your HDMI sources to far-end display .
5. More resources: You can deploy up to 5 pairs of independent units in the same zone with no conflicts and quickly send your HDMI sources to the remote display.
What is an HDCP handshake?
An HDCP handshake is a digital protocol used to establish a secure connection between two devices.
It is commonly used to ensure that all components of an audio/video system are compatible.
And work perfectly together.
Steps may need to be taken if an HDCP handshake fails.
This can include checking the length of the ethernet cable.
Switching out cables such as cat6 or cat5.
And making sure that the pc and other digital are compatible with each other.
And have the same brand.
Shielding should also be checked to make sure that it meets the required voltage;
for example, if you have a Samsung 1080p 3D.
Then you will need a compatible shield.
In order to get the best performance with minimal latency.
If you have done all these things.
Then an HDCP handshake should work perfectly.
Allowing for smooth streaming of digital content.
Problem with HDMI cable, signal, box, device
Having a problem with HDMI cable, signal, box or device can be a real hassle.
It is important to look at all the possible causes to find the best solution.
If your display or TV does not show any output from the HDMI player.
- You may need to use an HDMI splitter or an HDMI distribution system.
- You could also try using a fix HDMI input from the network with Cat6 cables as an extension.
- If it’s only a single cable that’s causing the issue, replacing it should solve the problem.
- If it’s multiple cables, then you may need to balance them out .
- By using a balun.
- Additionally, if the angle of your HDMI cables is off.
- You will want to adjust it for maximum speed and performance.
In some cases, you may need to completely replace all of your existing cables in order to fix hdmi issues.
Types of HDMI extender that support 4k video resolution
Great way to expand your viewing capabilities.
They allow you to extend the reach of your HDMI cables.
Providing you with longer cable runs between or allowing you to move your TV farther away from the source.
There are many types of that can support 4K video resolution.
- Such as Cat5e/Cat6 UTP/STP Extender, Fiber Optic, Wireless and HDBaseT Extender.
- The Cat5e/Cat6 UTP/STP Extender uses standard network cables.
- To transfer high quality audio and video signals up to 300m.
- The Fiber Optic is capable of transmitting HD video up to 10km over single mode fiber optic cable.
- The Wireless is perfect for applications where cables cannot be used due to distance or physical constraints.
- And finally, the HDBaseT extender is able to transmit data over long distances. With low latency and supports 4K resolution up to 100m.
Each type of extender has its own advantages and disadvantages.
How to fix PWAY HDMI extender not working – steps?
If you’re experiencing not working with your Pway, try the following troubleshooting steps:
Total Time: 4 minutes
Check the HDMI connection
Make sure the HDMI cable is securely connected at both ends.
Reverse the turn-on sequence
Try turning on the secondary first, followed by the TV.
Try a different HDMI input
Connect the to a different HDMI input and see if the signal locks correctly.
Check the source resolution setting
Check the source resolution setting: Make sure the resolution setting is set to match the resolution of your TV or video projector.
Use process of elimination
Try connecting the directly to the TV, bypassing the audio receiver.
Check for firmware updates
Look for firmware updates for your TV, HDMI , or audio receiver.
Make sure your audio receiver or other intermediary is HDR-compatible.
laptop or computer
Make sure your computer settings designate HDMI as the default output connection.
Wireless HDMI connection
Change the distance and position of the wireless .
Contact tech support
If all else fails, contact tech support for either the TV or the HDMI source .
Tip to solve Roku extender not working
If you’re experiencing Roku hdmi extender not working, try these troubleshooting tips:
1. Update the Roku : Check for the latest Roku firmware updates and install them if applicable.
2. Restart the Roku : Restarting the may help resolve the issue.
3. Check your network connection: Make sure your network connection is stable and reliable.
Issue with Vanco not working
- Check that both the transmitter and receiver are powered on and connected correctly.
- If you are using the extender over a long distance, make sure you are using high-quality, low-loss HDMI cables.
- If you are using the extender to transmit audio as well as video, make sure that the audio format is supported by both the transmitter and receiver.
HDMI extender RX receiver not working
It could be that it was not setup correctly. If you are having trouble trying to sync your sharp image from your Xbox onto the screen.
Then it may be time to check the setup of your RX Receiver.
Normally, it should provide a solid 720 resolution image.
But if that is not happening you may want to consider getting a different brand such as Monoprice.
We would highly recommend this brand for its reliable performance and quality output.