Brother printers & scanners are one of the most popular brands in the USA. Microsoft community users complained that the model MFC-L8850CDW brother printer was not scanning wireless on Windows 11.
It looks like Brother has not released the latest scan drivers for Windows 11. Some people tried using the Windows 10 drivers, but out of luck. One of the forum users pointed to the following link – Downloads | MFC-L8850CDW | United States | Brother.
In this solution guide we are going to see a fix for brother scanner not working Windows 11.
How to Install Brother Windows 11 Printer and Scanner Drivers
- Download the Full Driver & Software Package. It should probably be an executable file and installed like a traditional setup.
- Though the release date is 9/8/2015, it is supported for Windows 11 and Windows 10 – 32 and 64 bit.
It should be sufficient to make the scanner work if it’s not working wirelessly.
- Under Utilities you can also see the Wireless Setup Helper. It helps in finding the security settings (SSID and Network key) of your wireless network required to configure the wireless network settings of your Brother machine.
- There are other tools like – Network connection Repair tool, ControlCenter4 Update Tool etc. You can install them and see if your issue of wireless scan is resolved.
- The wireless setup of Brother machine is mentioned in this video.
Problem with Brother Wireless Scanner
Ever since upgrading to Windows 11, my Brother printer (MFC-L8850 CDW) will no longer scan using Windows 11. When I contacted Brother, they said the issue was with Windows and not Brother. Has anyone else had this similar issue? When reviewing the Brother website, they are not posting any issues with my particular printer.
You could try the above drivers by either updating or reinstalling them again from the brother source mentioned above.
Check the following steps before you troubleshoot the issue.
- Check whether Brother printer & scanner is on the wireless network or not.
- In the Windows 11 Device Manager or Settings, check whether the Scanner driver is available. Otherwise use the top link to install the full driver and software package.
- Check the IP of Brother machine and it is connected to the network.
- Set the IP address on the scanner driver in the Network setting.
- Disable the firewall if required and then enable again after scanning.