Your posts can go viral if they are published at the right time. LinkedIn posts can also become popular if they have the right amount of likes, comments, shares. But if you want your followers and connections to read your post, it should catch their eye.
Readers can be grouped into different affinity categories based upon their niche. They could be Technology profilers, health workers, SMBs, B2C customers and many others. You cannot predict the exact time when each follower or connection visits your post.
To make your campaign successful your best time to post on LinkedIn should be based on research. Generally, analytics provide good insights into the trends of common timings. You can then publish your post and the chances are more likely to be seen by more followers.
Table of Contents
Research into Best Time to Post on LinkedIn
Audience behavior is the key to know the right time to publish a post. Market research will help in getting these details. If it’s a working professional, he will not check your post during business hours. But most probably at the start of work or leaving time. They also don’t see the computer on the weekends.
Time zone also makes a difference in posting time on LinkedIn. What is morning in one country may be night in another. So if you are targeting the USA, you should be well versed with their time zones in different states. Similar things are reflected in the European Union, Asia, South America.
LinkedIn is a professional network used by business leaders, job seekers, and company owners. So better to post before 5PM according to their local time and avoid weekends.
Best Time to Post on LinkedIn
Influence Marketing Hub analyzed more than 100,000 Instagram posts and engagement rates and interpolated them for LinkedIn best post timings. The below is the screenshot.
Eastern Standard Time
In this analysis it is found that Wednesday, Thursday, Friday are appropriate times for posting on LinkedIn. The best timing is 3PM on Wed, 9-10PM on Thu, 11-12PM on Fri. All according to the Eastern Standard time. Sunday is the worst day to post on LinkedIn and should be avoided.
Software and Media – Weekday mornings and outside of traditional working hours.
Higher Education and Healthcare – 10am to 2pm suits these audience
B2B Businesses – Check LinkedIn Analytics. Weekday early mornings, lunch and commute timings.
B2C Businesses – Weekdays lunch time and outside traditional hours.
HubSpot – Best Time to Post on LinkedIn
According to the above network market research,
- Wednesdays at 12 pm. While Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays are largely considered the best days to post on LinkedIn, Wednesday at 12 pm is one of the days and times that multiple studies target.
- Tuesdays and Wednesdays between 8 am–10 am. After the craziness of Mondays, people tend to check LinkedIn as they’re getting their days started on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Thursdays at 9 am. Thursday is a higher-traffic day on LinkedIn, likely because people are winding down (mentally) and gearing up for the weekend.
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays between 8 am–5 pm. The middle of the week is a great time to post on LinkedIn since it’s after the catching up usually taking place on Mondays but before Fridays when people are thinking more about the weekend than work.
- Fridays at 9 am. Fridays aren’t particularly high-traffic days on LinkedIn, but if you’re going to post, try to post early before people check out for the weekend.
- Wednesdays between 8 am–10 am and at 12 pm
- Thursdays at 9 am and at 3 pm
- Fridays at 9 am
These are updated post-Covid-19 timings.
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays between 10 am–11 am.
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays between 7 am–8:30 am and 5 pm–6 pm.
Weekdays between 7 am–8 am, at 12 pm, and between 5 pm–6 pm.
The Balance SMB
Weekdays between 7 am–8 am and between 5 pm–6 pm.
LinkedIn Analytics Research – Best Timing to Post
The best times to post on social media overall is 10:00 AM on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
- The best time to post on LinkedIn is 9:00 AM on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
LinkedIn Analytics is a premium Account tool. Visitor analytics of your followers and connections can be seen in this graph. Using this tool, you can see from which areas and countries your traffic is coming to LinkedIn and the best times.
Tools to find Best Timing to Post on LinkedIn
If you don’t have access to premium tools, experiment with posting timings and engagement. Create a spreadsheet and run an experiment on weekdays at morning commute, lunch break, end of the day and in evenings. Typical timings are like 8AM, 9AM, 6PM, 7PM and 8PM.
Later account is free and provides a drag and drop method to post media library content. Connect your LinkedIn account for free and schedule the posts. You can also add hashtags, add text to image etc.