com.xiaomi.glgm kind of packages are required to install Xiaomi games. Before that, MIUI mobiles come with bloatware and system apps. In old phones, you need to install ADB drivers to remove them.
They include Mi Browser, Quick Apps, Get Apps, Xiaomi Cloud, Calendar, Security, Camera, Gallery, Music, Feedback, File Explorer, FM Radio, Recorder, Mi Pay and others.
Useful system apps help in our day-to-day tasks. But some of them are bloatware pushed by Xiaomi for monetary benefit and advertising purposes. You can find the MIUI 11 bloatware list below.
The Xiaomi bloatware removal tool github helps in many versions of MIUI. Interface is simple. Select all the required pre-installed apps and then uninstall. You can also make use of command line tools and PCs to remove them. For that you need to install the ADB package.
To remove xiaomi apps, you can always use the default feature of MIUI. But for system apps and bloatware, they don’t have that option. For that, you need to use adb uninstall system app. This installs the server and app package.
To remove bloatware MIUI 11, you can’t do it directly using system settings.
For example, Mi Pay is not much used by me in India. Mi Browser is another redundant app which is slow compared to other good browsers like Opera, Chrome, Firefox.
In this post two xiaomi bloatware removal tools are mentioned that can help your phone use less apps. Only App store apps can be installed and space is also saved.
Xiaomi Bloatware list and System Apps
The list of system apps and package names are mentioned below.
● GetApps – app store like Google Play from Xiaomi. The most annoying one, periodically shows advertisement.
● MIUI Ad Services – also responsible for showing ads.
● Cloud Backup
● Mi Credit
● Mi DocViewer(Powered by WPS Office)
● Mi ShareMe
● Mi YellowPages
● MIUI Gallery – if you use another gallery app WARNING: @nihalanand697 reports disabling it isn’t safe.
● Wallpaper Carousel
● Default Browser – not necessary if you use Firefox or Chrome
● Mi Bug Report – if you not using this features
● Google Movies
● Google Music
● Google Photos
● Youtube – I prefer to use a browser
● Google Duo
● Google Lens
● Google search box – I prefer to use a browser or widget
● Digital wellbeing
Some of the Facebook apps and services are bloatware and take lot of phone memory and resources. You can uninstall them if you are not using them. As they come pre-installed, they also come under bloatware.
● Facebook Services
● Facebook App Installer
● Facebook app manager
Default Android Apps
● Wallpaper live picker
● Photo table
Redmi Note 4 Developer Options
In some of the cases you need to be in developer mode to change some settings.
Enable the Developer Option
- Open Settings from your phone.
- Tap on About phone.
- Tap on MIUI version 7 times (more or less).
Your developer option is enabled.
Open “Additional Settings”.
- Go back to the Settings screen.
- Under System Settings > Additional Settings
Tap on Developer options (This will only be seen, if you complete step 1).
Turn on “USB Debugging” and other options.
This will ask for permission – Allow development settings. Tap on OK.
Scroll through to see other options under Debugging.
- USB debugging.
- Install via USB
- USB debugging (Security settings) – When you enable this, some security warnings like 3 are displayed, you can accept them.
Remove bloatware Xiaomi ADB
- You need to install the ADB driver to make ADB commands work in your PC.
- Go to one of the following links.
For this tutorial to work, I felt the first link was easy. The second link installs a lot of software and is difficult to understand.
Install the Universal ADB Drivers or Google USB driver as from the above links.
Set PATH to ADB Executable in your PC
If you install the universal adb drivers, you should see the following path –
C:\Program Files (x86)\ClockworkMod\Universal Adb Driver where c: is the system or OS drive.
- Copy this path to “adb” executable.
- Open Control Panel > System > Advanced system settings. A System properties window will open.
- Click on the Advanced tab. Click on Environment variables. A pop-up opens. Under user variables, click on “Edit”. Another pop-up window opens. Click on “New” and add path to “adb” executable. Note: This step is important to make ADB commands work on your PC.
Connect Mi Phone to PC via USB cable
- To complete the ADB commands on your PC, an active Mi account is sometimes required. You can always create it for free.
- Connect your Redmi Note 4 to PC or laptop. It may ask to accept RSA key fingerprint, in this step. It will also show the key.
Start ADB Server and Open ADB Shell
- Open Windows Powershell/ Command Prompt from Start Menu or typing search. You also need to start the ADB server from the Start Menu.
- Type the following “adb” commands.
adb devices adb shell
- If you have performed the above steps perfectly, you should be able to see letters and numbers to represent your device, pc and shell.
Remove MIUI Bloatware List
- Type the following “adb shell” commands to uninstall system apps from Redmi Note 4. This also works for other Mi phones.
For example, to uninstall GetApps, type the following on your screen.
pm uninstall –k ––user 0 com.xiaomi.mipicks
The last part of the command is the package name (for eg. – com.xiaomi.mipicks) . In the below screenshot, you can see how I uninstalled “Facebook” related services.
If somehow, the mobile phone hangs, you can restart the phone.
Xiaomi Bloatware Removal tool
Disclaimer: This software has been tested by us and is referenced from a source. All the steps mentioned below are taken from other blogs and articles. I was able to uninstall the required system app successfully. But to be careful, you need to backup your system data.
This can be used on all Windows systems. The typical size of the Windows interface is around ~20MB.
Total Time: 3 minutes
Download the following software – Xiaomi Bloatware Removal Tool Github
It works even with the old JRE 8 version.
The latest version is – https://github.com/Szaki/XiaomiADBFastbootTools/releases/tag/7.0.1
The typical size is ~22MB. This version requires a Java version of 11 or above. You may be required to install the JDK as part of it.
Download Java JRE file from Oracle site for Windows. You need to sign-up if required. The typical size is ~76MB
Run the Xiaomi ADB Fastboot Tools software.
Enable Developer Options and USB Debugging option, as mentioned above.
Connect your PC or Laptop to your Mi phone using USB cable.
Run the JAR file
Since this is a jar file, you need to run it like a typical JAVA file. This JAR file should run as you have JRE installed already.
The typical interface will look something like this.
ADB Drivers are not required.
If you have connected your Redmi Note 4 first and then open this software, it will instantly recognize this phone.
Otherwise, when you open the software and then connect the phone, it will take some time. Also “USB debugging warning” may be required to be approved when connected the first time.
Note: The ADB drivers may be not required as mentioned in the above method.
Following tabs are visible
The following four tabs are visible under the ADB interface.
Note: For some reason, the Reinstaller module was not working for me.
Uninstall the Xiaomi Bloated Apps
You can use the “Uninstaller” module to uninstall the system apps.
The “App name” and “Package name” are listed in this module.
Select the required system apps and click on “Uninstall”. You can make use of this module, to uninstall other apps.
I uninstalled the “Yellow pages” app with package name com.miui.yellowpage and was able to uninstall it successfully.
The difficult part I faced was installing the third-party software like ADB drivers and Java JDK, to make the methods work. If they are installed correctly, the remaining steps are easy.
I have tested both the above methods to uninstall system apps. No problems were faced. Successfully removed the bloatware apps like Mi Browser, Mi Pay, Get Apps etc without much problem.
Disclaimer: This blog post or owner is not at all responsible, if the mobile does not work after the below steps are performed. These commands and software are sourced from different forums, articles and links. I performed these steps and did not face any problems. The screenshots are also taken from my PC and Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.