Many websites rely on non-intrusive ad revenue for running their server costs. These ads are mostly display ads which are shown inside and along content. Sometimes, they provide more informational value based upon your personalized needs.
Let’s see how to unblock ads in Microsoft Edge. This works for desktop and laptops.
As we know, Android and iOS don’t filter ads and you cannot block them without rooting.
This is a typical article page of businessinsider.in. You can see all the ads. The “Balanced” version of tracking will show the ads.
Using the “Balanced” or “Basic” version of tracking protection in Edge, you can see the ads.
If ads are blocked, let’s see the reason.
Same site and page without ads, as the tracking option is “Strict”. You cannot see the ads.
To unblock these ads let’s see how we can change the set-up.
- Click the 3 horizontal dots at the top right corner.
- Scroll through to click on Settings.
- On the left-hand side, click on – Privacy, search, and services
- Tracking prevention is enabled by default on the right-hand side.
- There are 3 options – 1. Basic 2. Balanced (recommended) 3.Strict
To prevent Google Ads from appearing on your site, you can select the “Strict” mode of tracking prevention. But this tracking option, will block all the ads. Personalized and demographic ads for your shopping related activities will disappear, if you choose this option.
Select “Basic” or “Balanced” method of tracking prevention to see Ads in Microsoft Edge browser in Windows 10.
Follow this tip to make sure ads appear in your Microsoft Edge browser in Windows 10. Allow cookies for the domain in the Edge browser.
- Click the paint kind of icon in the address bar.
- A red mark will be placed, if you are blocking cookies.
- If you allow cookies, this symbol will disappear.
There are two options here –
- Always allow <domain name> to set cookies
- Continue blocking cookies.
Relevant Google and other advertising network ads will be seen using this method.
How to Clear Cookies to Display Ads (Not Mandatory)
Sometimes, you need to clear cache and cookie data to view the display ads of Google. To do this, you can press Ctrl + Shift + Delete . This will open the “Clear browsing data” pop-up. You can mainly select “Cookies and other site data” option to clear. Other options which you can choose are –
- Browsing history
- Download history
- Cached images and files
In the Time range drop-down box, you can select “All time” if its for the first time. Otherwise, you can select “Last 7 days” option to clear cookie data of the recent 7 days.