The lock screen in Windows 10 is being bombarded with Ads in the new upgrades. This is likely to show, if you have upgraded or updated your Windows 10 after Feb 26th, 2016. Microsoft is trying to sell ads on its “FREE” upgrade from Windows 7 and 8.1. You will see the likes of Square Enix’s Rise of the Tomb Raider ads being posted on the lock screen. Luckily enough you can stop these ads appearing.
Also Read – How to Remove Ransomware from Windows 10 using Malwarebytes – 5 Simple Steps
Follow the steps below to prevent these ads:
1. Press Windows key +I to open Settings
3. Open the Personalization
- On the left-hand side, click the Lock Screen
- On the right-hand side, just below the Preview, you can see the Background drop-down box.
- There are 3 options.
a. Windows Spotlight
9. The first option will not disable the ads on the Windows 10 lock screen.
10. You can select any of the other two options.
11. When you select “Picture” or “Slideshow”, a special option is available below.
Get fun facts, tips, tricks, and more on your lock screen.
- Here you can toggle this option, to block and allow ads on lock-screen in Windows 10.
Currently I’m using Insider Preview Build version of 14295. But I didn’t find any ads appearing on the lock screen. Probably in the USA and UK, these are more likely to appear. I still am not sure whether any Indian users are getting these ads.Please let me know your experiences with Windows 10 ads in the comment section below.