Let’s see how to open control panel in Windows 7, when there is no problem. There are several ways to do it.
1. Open Start Menu and type “control panel” in the search box. This will display the item in Programs list. Click it to open.
2. One of the advantages with Windows 7, is that Control panel item is available directly in the Start Menu. You just have to click Start Menu and click it.
3. There is a little difficult way to access it. Click on “All Programs” and from the slide-in click on “System Tools” folder. Control Panel is one of the sub-category in it.
4. You can use the “Run” tool. Press Win + R and in the pop-up box, type “control panel”. Press Enter of OK. It should open.
5. One can launch control panel from cmd window. Whey you type “cmd” in the Run box, the Command Prompt will open. In the window, type the command “control panel”. It will open.
6. Task Manager is another way to open control panel. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys at the same time. If the Task Manager opens in compact mode, click on “More details” for full options. From File > Run new task. A new “Create new task” window will open. Type “control panel” and press OK.
7. Windows Explorer is another place to start Control Panel. Navigate to “Computer” and click on “Open Control Panel” item at the top of the window.
8. control.exe is the executable file for Control Panel. You can find it in C:\Windows\System32 sub folder. When you run that file, your control panel is accessible.
In my experience Windows 7 control panel is the easiest to launch. This tool is readily visible. Also, control panel is the default way of opening several system items in Windows 7. There is no better way to open Device Manager, Administrative Tools, Mouse settings etc.
Windows Update can also be launched from here. If your sound settings are corrupt, you can manage it from here. If the control panel is not opening in Windows 7, then you can follow this solution guide.