Outlook PST Recovery software works towards recovering corrupted PST files and makes them accessible. The tool recovers damaged PST and restores it into three major file formats. These file extensions are accepted over multiple email clients and are used worldwide by end users.
The latest version of the tool is v4.1 and it comes with the total size of 17.2 MB. It is supported over all the versions of MS Outlook application and is well accepted over Windows Operating System; both 32 and 64 bit versions. It requires minimum 1GB Ram along with 2.4GHz system processor for successful installation and smooth operation of the tool. Apart from this, 50MB of free boot space is required on hard drive.
- If the tool is installed and downloaded over latest versions of Windows OS including Windows 8.187; it is required to run the recovery tool as Administrator.
- MS Outlook application must be installed and configured to a web account in order to initiate recovery procedure.
Some More MS Office Posts:
- [Solved] Fix Office 2013 Installation Error 1603 and Similar Software
- Microsoft Access Repair and Recovery – A Critical Review using AccessFIX [Tutorial}
- [Discussion] – Solve Problems Related to Office 2013 Installation Error – 25004
- How to Extend Office 2013 Free Trial to 180 Days?
- Some Office 2013 Annoyances – How To Get Rid Of Them ?
Detailed Working Criteria of the Tool:
Step 1: Adding File
- The very first step includes adding file to the panel of the tool. Click on the ‘Add File’ button available in navigation pane.
- ‘Select File’ window will appear; select the file that needs to be recovered.
- Further, the damaged file can be scanned using either ‘Quick Scan’ or ‘Advance Scan’ options available in the tool.
- Then, select ‘Add File’ button.
- This will list all the items of the selected file within the tool panel and further selective items can be recovered using various options.
- If it is required to recover all enlisting items of the selected folder; click on the ‘Export’ option from the navigation pane.
- In case, if it is required to export selective items, enlist the items by clicking on the folder that needs to be recovered and then select the desired items by clicking on the available checkboxes. Right click on any selected item, ‘Export’ option pops-out. Select to continue recovery and restoration process.
Step 2: Exporting to Given File Formats:
While Exporting to PST:
To save the recovered file as PST, following procedure needs to be followed:
- In ‘Export Options’ windows, click on the ‘PST’ option.
- Click on ‘Mail Filter’ checkbox and provide ‘From Date’ and ‘To Date’ particulars.
- In ‘PST Split’ provide the file volume such as 1GB, 2GB or more.
- Select the destination location by either selecting an existing folder or creating new one by clicking on the ‘Make New Folder’ option.
- Select the folder that needs to be recovered and restored to PST from the right panel.
- At last, click on the ‘Export’ option.
While Exporting to EML or MSG:
To save the recovered file as MSG or EML, following procedure needs to be followed:
- Select either ‘EML’ or ‘MSG’ from the given file formats.
- Click on ‘Mail Filters’ and provide appropriate date particulars.
- Under ‘Naming Convention’ select any one option to save file with appropriate names.
- Select destination location for storing the recovered file. The tool provides the option to store recovered data either within an existing folder or by creating a new one.
Step 3: Saving Export Reports
Storage Benefits that Distinct File Formats Offers
Saving as PST:
When corrupted file is stored into PST file format; all the recovered components can be accessed in their original format (as they were stored previously). There are several other advantages as well that PST offers:
- This file format is used when entire Outlook mailbox folders are required to be recovered and restored.
- All the mailbox folders such as inbox, calendars, journals, notes, etc. will be saved into their previous format and no change or alteration is done to the entire structure of data.
- ‘Split PST’ feature provides the option to save large volume Outlook data files into smaller and divided proportions starting from 1GB.
- Splitting files enables to save data into more organized manner and reduces the chances of corruption due to controlled file size.
Saving as MSG:
This format saves email messages only and do not store all other data components such as contacts, journals, calendars, etc. Advantages offered by this format are as under:
- MSG saves single email per file and can easily be imported into Outlook application.
- Offers more manageability and organized storage while saving files on machine.
- Naming feature offers to save files with appropriate names and particular file can easily be located whenever required.
- Corruption in a single Outlook email file will not affect the associated files as well as information stored on system.
Saving as EML:
EML format is also applicable for email messages only and offers various benefits that are mentioned herein:
- EML is acceptable over multiple email clients including Windows Live Mail, Apple Mail, IncrediMail, Thunderbird, MS Outlook Express, etc.
- Emails saved into this format can be accessed over Windows, Mac, iOS, Android and various major Operating Systems.
- Accessible over desktops, Laptops, smart phones, tablets and major tech devices; so this file format provides enhanced accessibility to data.
- Naming options offers saving files with suitable names as well as enables organized and unified storage of data.
Outlook PST File Recovery is a complete solution that helps recovering data and restored the same to PST, MSG or EML file formats. The advantage that the tool offers while storing data to distinct file formats makes it more scalable. Availability of Personal, Business and Enterprise licenses to choose from; offers flexibility of selection as per usage requirements.
As per my experience, the tool is assembled with all necessary features that are required for Outlook PST recovery. Apart from this, the availability of conversion to EML helps accessing data on various platforms as this file format is acceptable over many cross platform applications.
Based on Personal License usage, I would score the tool 9.8 on the scale of 10.