Talking about updates, Microsoft releases SP1, SP2, SP3 for its products. Recently it released the Office 2010 SP2 update. If you are using a genuine OS from Windows, then these updates are automatically installed when you click on the Windows Update icon in the control panel.
But many of the users in Phillipines, Malaysia and India who couldn’t afford a genuine version resort to a pirated version of Office products. For this reason or any other reason, if you want to install the updates for Office 2010, these are the download links.
- Download Microsoft Office 2010 SP2 Update 32-Bit Edition – (KB2687455)
- Download Microsoft Office 2010 SP2 Update 64-Bit Edition – (KB2687455)
- Download Microsoft Office 2010 SP1 Update 32-Bit Edition – (KB2460049)
- Download Microsoft Office 2010 SP1 Update 64-Bit Edition – (KB2460049)
Table of Contents
What are the File Names and Sizes of Office 2010 updates?
- officesp2010-kb2687455-fullfile-x86-en-us.exe – 638.2 MB
- officesp2010-kb2687455-fullfile-x64-en-us.exe – 730.4 MB
- officesuite2010sp1-kb2460049-x86-fullfile-en-us.exe – 362 MB
- officesuite2010sp1-kb2460049-x64-fullfile-en-us.exe – 439.8 MB
As you can observe the update file sizes have increased from SP1 to SP2. The 32 bit version update increased from 362 MB to 640 MB. Similarly the 64 bit based update increased from 440 MB to 740 MB. The support articles are also mentioned above.
Read More : Windows 7 64 bit BSOD Errors – Some Solutions
What are the System Requirements for the SP2 update?
The following are operating systems that can be updated with Service Pack 2 for Office 2010.
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
What are the fixes included in Office 2010 SP2 update?
This service pack basically includes the following 2 types of fixes.
- Previously unreleased fixes that are included in this service pack. In addition to general product fixes, these fixes include improvements in stability, performance, and security.
- All the public updates that were released through May 2013, and all the cumulative updates that were released through April 2013.
If you are interested in buying this product, here is my affiliate link from Amazon using which you can download the Home & Student version of Office 2010 for PC. The contents include a disc.
If you want to see the introduction and features of Office 2010, here is an YouTube video, that comes from Windows7Forums.com
I hope that using the above resources should be very easy updating your Office 2010 product. If you face any problem after SP2 UPDATE, please let me know in the comments.