The microblogging and social network platform Twitter has more than 500 million users by 2020. You can post messages on this platform called as “tweets”. One can post, retweet and like them.
But how do you know the number of views and other statistics for your tweets?
For this, Twitter provides a feature called “Analytics” where you can analyze your tweet traffic month by month. This is very useful as a free user.
You just want to know how many impressions your tweets have got and the number of mentions.
- YouTube Analytics – Track Channel Performance in 2020
- Windows 8 and 8.1 Task Manager – A Complete Review
In this tutorial we are going to learn about twitter analytics feature and how to use it.
Table of Contents
How to Access Twitter Analytics
The following are the steps.
- Open your Twitter account on your desktop.
- On the left-hand side, you see 3 dots.
- Click it.
- Click on “Analytics”.
The following tabs are available.
In this tab, you can see the 28 day summary of your tweets. The following details are shown as summary.
- Tweet impressions
- Profile visits
You can also see the % change in each twitter metric. For example, my tweets have increased 473% compared to the last 28 days. Twitter impressions have increased by 172.8%, profile visits by 8.1%, mentions by 25% and followers by 20.
- How to Fix Remote Desktop Connection Error in Windows 10 or 8.1 or 7
- Fix File Explorer Not Refreshing Error in Windows 10 or 8.1
You can also see the month to month summary in this page. You can see the following details.
- Top Tweet
- … Mention
- … Follower
- Top Media Tweet
When you click on “View Tweet activity” you can see further details like impressions, total engagement like number of retweets, likes etc.
A summary of the twitter account for this month can also be seen. You can see the following details.
- Tweet Impressions
- Profile visits
- New followers
In this you can see the timeline graph of the number impressions your tweets earned over this 28 day period. Below that you can see these metrics.
- Top Tweets
- Tweets and replies
For each tweet, you can see the total impressions, engagements and engagement rate.
You can also see information for top tweets, tweets and replies and promoted. Using Twitter Ads, you can promote your tweets.
This feature will be removed by Jan 30, 2020. For now you can see the details. These include the following information.
- Top Interest – Other metrics like Interests, Gender, Consumer buying styles, Household income categories can also be see in this tab.
- Demographics – Top Language, Country, Home value, Region etc.
- Lifestyle – Top lifestyle type, Interests.
- Consumer behavior – Top buying style, aftermarket auto buyer type, consumer buying styles, consumer good purchases.
- Top device category – iOS devices, Android devices, desktop and laptop computers.
You can see the following tabs.
- Recurring trends
Under More, you have the following items
- App Manager
- Conversion tracking
The above Twitter Analytics metrics are very useful for the common user. He can analyze the number of impressions his tweets got, mentions, retweets and likes. You can assess the audience behavior based on their lifestyle type, device category and buying style type.
Based on the country targets, one can promote his tweets. This will help to generate more revenue by promoting his tweets. You can send a tweet about your new product and then analyze the amount of retweets and likes you got. Based on this, you can create a campaign for your product.