To move files from google drive to onedrive, different tools are available.
Each cloud drive comes with its own unique advantage. But both come from different companies.
Migration can be done manually and also using cloud transfer service tools.
Google or Microsoft do not provide any tool to transfer data from onedrive to google drive.
Google Drive and OneDrive are useful for preserving photos, videos and documents. Back-up strategy is one of their key features.
Once you uploaded your files to Google Drive, they are stored on their servers.
Google Drive comes with free 15GB storage plan. One Drive allows only 5GB, but you can get extra based on recommendations and other benefits.
If your 15GB storage is full, you can use their premium services to buy 100GB, 200GB plans based on their pricing model.
As time ticks on, more documents, personal files keep adding on.
Google Drive to OneDrive : Why the Shift
This happens for variety of reasons.
1. You think the current provider is not giving the facilities other services are giving.
2. The storage plans are costly.
3. Features available with other service are better.
4. Incompatibility with the platform you are using.
Though Google Drive is a good option for many cloud storage users, you might need other cloud accounts.
For example, One Drive from Microsoft does well on its Windows 10 and 8.1 platforms.
It comes integrated into it. Inclination towards built-in software is common.
In that case, you decide to transfer all your data from Google Drive to OneDrive.
Let’s see some of the methods to migrate google drive to onedrive in this post.
Method #1 : G Drive to OneDrive Migrator
This is a dedicated software to migrate files from Google Drive to OneDrive for Business.
You can transfer different types of files including documents, images, audio/ video files, PDFs, spreadsheets, and permissions.
It works on Windows 10 also. It comes from SysTools.
The highlight features of this program are –
1. Permissions are also can be transferred.
2. Selective data migration from Google Drive to OneDrive.
3. Same Folder Hierarchy as in parent storage.
4. Pause/Resume features available.
5. Migration reports are available.
6. Selective file support transfer.
The following are simple steps to transfer Google Drive data to OneDrive.
- Install and launch G Drive to OneDrive Migration tool on the local machine
- Click on Browse and then, add credentials of G Drive and OneDrive accounts
- You have to apply 3 Document Filters like Permissions, Date Filter & File Type
- Click Export button and the tool begins to move files from Google Drive to OneDrive successfully
Method #2 : Use Apps or Chrome Extension
In Google Drive, you can connect apps. One of them is “Drive Files to OneDrive” or also called as “booogle.net” app.
Using this also, you can transfer files from Google Drive to OneDrive.
You first need to install and connect this app.
1. From “My Drive” > More > Connect more apps
7. Select the required files.
Note: I’m unable to select folders. To transfer folders, you can zip them.
8. Select the target folder to save to OneDrive.
9. You need to authorize this app to connect to your OneDrive account.
10. Once the files are selected from Google Drive, they will be appear in the text box.
11. Click on “Save to OneDrive“.
This same app is also available as a Chrome extension.
Method #3: Manual Method
You can manually download files from Google Drive and upload them to OneDrive. This is another method of transfer. But this takes lot of time.
1. Select the folder in Google Drive list.
2. Click the 3 vertical dots on the top.
3. Select “Download”.
You can then upload the folder to OneDrive.
1. First unzip the file.
2. It will be created as a folder as before in Google Drive.
3. Open OneDrive account
4. Click on “Upload” button at the top.
It will appear in OneDrive.
The amount of time depends on the number of files and size.
Method #4 : MultCloud – Easy and Simple of All
This is another cloud app for transferring files from one cloud drive to another. You can use this functionality to transfer files from Google Drive to OneDrive.
1. Login to multcloud.com
2. Add your Google Drive and OneDrive and give proper permissions to access your files.
3. Click on “Cloud Transfer” at the top.
4. Select the folder/files in your Google Drive account. (Multiple selections are allowed)
5. Select the target folder in your OneDrive.
6. Click “Transfer Now” button.
You can further see other options available below. Schedule your transfer to another time.