There is no sound from HDMI if you have issue with nvidia high definition audio driver.
You can download and install NVIDIA high definition audio driver manually or automatically.
First you need gpu hardware installed on your PC or laptop.
Then you install the necessary driver software to make it work smoothly.
Graphic cards play a major role in the visual appearance of PC games.
The latest updates will boost performance and speed on Windows OS.
Sometimes, Microsoft provides these drivers. But drivers from the manufacturer site are more authentic.
If they fail to work, then you can resort to the default driver.
In this post you are going to learn methods to download nvidia hd audio driver.
What is NVIDIA High Definition Audio Driver
HD audio drivers are not found easily for many of the NVIDIA products.
This is because, NVIDIA sells a GPU (Graphical processing unit). This includes both the video and sound card.
So what you require is NVIDIA GPU drivers.
The following is an excerpt which emphasizes the same theory.
In most cases, NVIDIA will install the HD audio driver along with the GPU drivers and other things like GeForce Experience.
So if you are having problem with audio, just disable the NVIDIA HD audio in the Device Manager.
Also, some motherboards support only VIA or Microsoft default HD driver.
The following are some of the NVIDIA products for which HD audio drivers are needed.
- nvidia geforce 8600 gt driver
- nvidia geforce 9400 gt driver
- nvidia geforce 9600 gt driver
- nvidia geforce gt 540m driver
- nvidia geforce 7300 le driver
- nvidia geforce gt 330m driver
- nvidia geforce gts 450 driver
- nvidia geforce gt 520m driver
- nvidia geforce 9600m gt driver
- nvidia geforce gtx 570 driver
- nvidia geforce gtx 580 driver
- nvidia geforce 7300 gt driver
- nvidia geforce gtx 560 driver
- nvidia geforce gt 525m driver
- nvidia geforce 8400 gs driver
- nvidia geforce gts 250 driver
- nvidia geforce gt 240 driver
- nvidia geforce 8800 gt driver
- nvidia geforce 8500 gt driver
- nvidia geforce gtx 460 driver
1: Download the NVIDIA HDMI Audio Driver
2: Use Device Manager to update NVIDIA Driver
3: Download and Install the Driver from NVIDIA website
4: Use third-party tool like Driver Booster
The steps and screenshots mentioned below are with reference to Windows 10. Details will be similar in Windows 8.1 or 7.
Method #1: Download and Install the NVIDIA HDMI Audio Driver
A direct download link is given to download HDMI audio driver for NVIDIA products. The latest version is 1.00.00.59. The release date is 2009.10.01. The file size is 5.67MB.
1. Visit the following link to download. https://www.nvidia.com/object/hdmi_audio_xp_vista_win7_1.00.00.59.html
2. Click on “Download” button.
3. Run the .exe file and it will update the NVIDIA drivers.
4. If the drivers are not there, it will install them.
This driver will support the following OS.
Windows Vista, Windows XP 64-bit, Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit, Windows XP, Windows Vista 64-bit
If you are using Windows 10 or 8.1, you can use the Win 7 drivers in compatibility mode.
If this driver doesn’t work then choose the next method.
Method #2: Update the Audio Driver via Device Manager
Do the following steps.
1. Press Win+R and type devmgmt.msc.
2. (Computer Name) > Sound, video and game controllers.
Search automatically for updated driver software
Browse my computer for driver software
6. The first option will automatically check Microsoft servers for the updated version of the NVIDIA audio driver. If the latest driver is already installed, you can check “Windows Update” to get the newest version.
1. Download the NVIDIA drivers from the location mentioned in the next approach. Then unzip it. Browse for the main folder path where these drivers are located. You can tick to include subfolders.
Method #3: Download and Install the Drivers from NVIDIA Manufacturer site
There are two ways to get the drivers for NVIDIA. You can either go the laptop or desktop manufacturer website page and download the relevant audio drivers.
But the motherboard or PC has to support the NVIDIA HD audio codecs. Otherwise, if you have a separate NVIDIA GPU card, you can download its drivers fron the NVIDIA website page itself.
Following are the steps.
1. Vist the following page. https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx
2. There are two options.
1. Manually find drivers for my NVIDIA products.
2. Automatically find drivers for my NVIDIA products
3. To download manually select the first option. You have to provide the followig details.
1. Product Type
2. Product Series
4. Operating System
4. Then click the “Search” button.
5. On the next page, click the “Download” button.
If you are using Internet Explorer, you can automatically search and install the drivers.
NVIDIA GPU Reader is a Java based applet which identifies your GPU and finds the latest graphics driver for your GPU. It verifies your system information and uses it to download the right drivers. This is the second option.
For NVIDIA Virtual GPU customers also, hd audio drivers are provided. For this, you have to login into the enterprise software download portal. You need to have a software license for it. It includes models like GRID vPC, GRID vApps or Quadro vDWS.
There are also high definition audio driver for beta and older devices. You can also find Unix Drivers, NVIDIA CUDA Driver for MAC, NVIDIA PhysX System Software, NVIDIA System Tools, Developer Tools and SDKs, Legacy Product Drivers and Quadro Advance Options (Nview, NVWMI, etc.).
Method #4: Update to the latest drivers using Driver Booster
If you use a third-party tool like Driver Booster, you will get rid of the headache of finding the right drivers. Once the software is downloaded and installed, it will scan your computer and update to the latest drivers.
Follow these steps.
1. Download Driver Booster 6 and Install it.
2. Enter the license key for the Pro version.Now start the software.
3. Then click on “Scan” button.
5. If your NVIDIA hd audio drivers are outdated, it will show in the list.
6. Select a particular product(s) and click on “Update Now” button at the top.
7. Otherwise, click the drop-down button beside a product and click on “Update“.
8. You can uninstall, rollback the installed driver, if its causing problems.
9. In addition, a system restore point is created if anything fails, as a safety check.
This is more easy, as you don’t have to manually find the correct GPU, OS, product series etc. The Pro version let’s you download more than one driver for your system.
The software has a large software database. If you are playing games, you get smooth game performance. Once the GPU drivers are updated, the performance of the hardware and gaming will go to next level.
It will shut down unnecessary background processes and Windows services and boost PC game performance.