When you create your Google account, you are required to give your name details like first and last name. But unknowingly, you might have wrongly typed your name or there was a spelling error.
In certain cases, you feel that your brand name for Google account should be different from your regular name. This is for better marketing and brand awareness of your business.
Since Google Account name is a very important parameter when using emails and other services, it should clearly define your objective.
The below post will talk about on how to change your name of Google, after you have created it. This can be done on different devices, even though you are using the same Google account.
How to Change Google Account Name on Computer or Laptop
- Open the following link – https://myaccount.google.com/
- Sign-in is required with your username and password.
- If you are already signed-into Gmail account, then click on the Profile picture at the top.
- A small pop-up opens. Click on “Google Account“.
- The next page will contain different settings of Google Account (it is nothing but your Gmail account).
- On the left-hand side, you can see different options.
- Click on “Personal info“.
- Tap Yes on your phone or tablet
- Enter your password
- Use your phone or tablet to get a security code.
- Since, I’m working on the PC, I selected the “password” option
- You should enter your Google Account password on the next page.
- Then you will see your name of your Google account with a pencil icon (edit) at the end.
- Click on the edit symbol.
- Another page opens with “Change name“.
- Here, you can see your First name and Last name.
- Change the name to your required liking and click on “Done“.
How to Change your Name on Google in Android Phone
- If you have selected the “mobile” option, then click on “Yes” of the notification displayed on your phone.
- You will get a message “Sign-in approved”.
- Go to settings in your Android phone by clicking the “gear icon” at the top.
- Scroll down to find Google > Google Account
- On the next screen, click on the “Personal info” tab.
- Under “Profile” tap “Name“.
- Sign-in may be required or you need to confirm the “screen lock”.
- Sometimes you may get an error message that something is wrong. Keep trying
- Then enter your password to sign-in if required.
- Next, your “Name” with the pencil icon (edit symbol) is displayed.
Tap on the pencil icon.
- You will get the familiar screen “Change name“.
- Enter the required details and tap on “Done“.
Google Name Change in iOS
In iPhone or iPad, the process is similar.
- Open the Gmail app on your mobile phone.
- Tap Menu > Settings > your account > Manage your Google account
- Otherwise, you can enter the following link in your browser address bar – https://myaccount.google.com/
- On the top, tap on “Personal info“.
- Under “Profile“, tap on “Name“.
- You should see the familiar edit icon, as above.
- Follow the remaining steps as above.
That’s it, your Google Account name will be changed to your required details.