To recover deleted files or folders in Windows, you need special software. You might have deleted duplicate images, videos and audio files. The recycle bin might have been emptied. Some important file may be missing due to regular habit of deleting files.
In case of virus attack, some files are lost. During improper formatting also, you might have lost all your partitions. Your computer may stop booting if your OS partition is corrupted.
The files can be deleted due to wrong decision or want to remove junk files.
Sometimes, the Windows update like the October 2018 update of Windows 10 may delete files and folders. Then you can get back those files using a third-party tool.
You might have used a cleaner tool to delete important files. Then you might scratch you head and want to recover those office files. A recovery software like EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard 12.8 should be useful for obtaining the deleted files and folders in Windows 10.
What are the features of EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
The scan process can be completed in 3 easy steps. You can also decide on the scanning modes – Quick Scan or Deep Scan. After recovery, you can preview the files available. You can then recover only the necessary files and leave the clutter.
This EaseUS Data Recovery tool can do many things
1. Recover Accidentally deleted files
2. Recover files when there is Hard Drive Damage
3. Formatted Recovery of files
4. Virus Attack Recovery
5. Data Recovery after Recycle Bin Empty
6. Recover data from Deleted or Lost Partition
7. OS Crash Recovery
8. RAW Partition Recovery
The significant features of this data recovery tool have been mentioned. Primarily when there is an OS crash, it provides a WinPE bootable media so you can restart your PC and get back your old data.
To recovery deleted files, you have to click very few steps. All the process of getting back old files is automatic. There is both Free and Pro versions of this software.
Using the free tool, you can recover up to 2GB, when you use the share button wizard. Otherwise, you can only recovery up to 500MB. The Pro version costs $69.95 and is worth the money.
The following are the features of the EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro version.
1. You can recover unlimited amount of data
2. Recover all types of file formats like photos, documents, videos, audio, emails, compressed files etc
3. Improved data recovery of deleted and formatted data from accidental deletions
4. You can export or import scanning results
5. With the Pro version, you can get free lifetime technical support.
Most of the devices like PC/laptop, external disk, usb driver, camcorder, music player, RAID, SSD, Micro Card, Digital Camera, Video player, SD card, , pen drive, zip driver, other storage devices are supported.
It works on all versions of Windows like 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP. This software requires atleast 32MB minimum space and 128MB RAM. It supports different file system like FAT(FAT12,FAT16,FAT32), exFAT, NTFS, NTFS5, ext2/ext3, HFS+ and ReFS.
The company has 14 years of experience. You also get 30 day money back guarantee, 10+ million customers, 100% security with 256-bit SSL certificate and free tech support.
What is my Experience with EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro version
I was lucky enough to get a free license to the Pro version by EaseUS to review this tool. I installed the software without any hiccups on my 64 bit Windows 10 version.
You just have to enter the serial key to activate the Pro version.
Instead of selecting a hard drive, I chose to select a folder on one of my partitions. The folder had only 3 files.
I clicked the scan button and the automatic process started. It took almost 12 minutes to complete the scan. Unfortunately I did not save the scan and so could not show you the results.
The Results of my Data Recovery
But I got about 300GB of data as recovery. I think it is great to get that much of recovery data in 12 minutes. If I have chosen the hard drive option, it might have taken some more time.
I could preview all the recovered files in Recycle bin and other deleted data. Instead of recovering the whole 300GB of data, I chose to recover a few folders and files.
I selected the required folder to save the recovered files and folders. The files were saved with the following folder path
\Recovered data <timestamp>\<DriveName>\Other lost files/
If I have chosen PDF files to recover under the Extra Files option, it would have the following typical path.
\Recovered data 01-18 10_41_04\Extra Files\Tag\PDF
The most liking feature of this software is that I was able to recover my deleted camera photos with ease. It just restored the whole folder, with all the images working fine.
I had some files with $ symbol in front of their file name. They were also successfully recovered. These files are backup or temporary files which are created when the original file is not closed properly. It could be also due to improper power shutdown.
One of the example files recovered was $R5KHS11.AVI. But it didn’t play with any of video players like VLC, Windows Media Player, Movies & TV etc. But I was able to play normal video files like with MKV format. These were having normal file names.
I also recovered some PowerPoint files. Initially there was an error message displaying when opened. But when I clicked on “Repair” button, the file successfully opened, with a message that some content may not be displayed.
The MP3 files were also recovered without any error. I tried playing them with Windows Media Player and they ran successfully.
Another advantage with this tool was that the original timestamp can be seen in File Explorer after recovery. During the preview, it displays the date with time. On data recovery, you can see the “Date created” as the same shown in preview.
The pros are
1. You can save the session you scanned till now.
2. One can pause or stop the scan when required.
3. The partial scans can also be saved.
4. You can filter your scan results based on file formats.
5. There are advanced options in filters like modification time, file size, initial letter etc.
6. One can scan a specific folder for deleted files or folders.
7. The data recovery is quick and can be finished within minutes.
8. The recovered files are working without any issues.
9. It can recover audio, image, office files successfully.
10. After recovery, the recovered folder opens automatically.
11. The recovered files time stamp can be seen in the scan results
12. The Recycle bin files can also be recovered.
The cons are
1. Price is little high for the pro version.
2. The recovered file names are different from the original.
3. It does not remember the “save location” of previous recovery.
4. Data recovery is limited to only 500MB using FREE version.
How to Recover Deleted Files and Folders using EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Professional in Windows 10
- Select the hard disk driver or specify a folder location.
- Click on Scan.
- After sometime, the results will appear.
- Click on $RECYCLE.BIN or “Other lost files”.
- On the right-hand side, select the required file(s) or folder(s).
- Click on Recover.
- Select the location of the folder where to save the recovered files and folders.
- The saved folder will open automatically.
In all EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard worked as it mentioned on its website. The installation and execution of the software was without any problems. Scan and Data recovery process was very intuitive.
The recovery of all types of file formats like images, videos, audio, office files, pdf’s and other folders was successful. This is especially useful with Windows 10 when updates like October 2018 are creating havoc on your system.
Virus attack or wrong partition deletion could wipe out many of your files without warning. In that case, this tool becomes very easy and useful. Especially, if your laptop or PC contains sensitive information like office work files, these can be restored without much fuss.