PC Matic stands as one of the top antivirus software on the market today. This antivirus uses a proprietary whitelisting technology to protect your computer from viruses and malware.
One of the reasons that make this antivirus software different from its competitors is that it applies the whitelisting technology. Other antiviruses use blacklisting technology to keep away the malware and viruses from the computer.
Nonetheless, it is all about finding the right antivirus that would keep your system safe.
At WindowsTechIt, we care about your digital safety and that of your computer. That is why we will be sharing our findings on the PC Matic experience with you.
That being said, here is a review of the PC Matic antivirus program.
- Customer Support
- Ease of Use
- Security Features
About the Antivirus
PC Matic comes with multiple features that are designed to detect and manage the threats quickly and easily. Once the threats are found, they will be thrown in a ‘Tune Up’ chest as extras. It is more of an optimization tool for your computer.
It comes with a free version that has some limited features. If you want to perform the required actions, you will need to go for the paid version at a reasonable fee. This antivirus is known to block some sites and programs that are somewhat ‘suspicious’, but safe.
Check out this PC Matic Antivirus Review for more details about the antivirus.
- It keeps aware the malware and viruses from your computer
- This comes with a PC optimization tool
- It offers some good educative resources
- Good value for money
- You get a 30-day money-back guarantee
- It can slow down your computer when it runs
- The antivirus can block some trusted programs, files or sites.
The antivirus comes with multiple features, but this is only available in the paid version. The free version will still let you scan the system, but you will not be able to perform any action.
Here are some of the features you would experience with PC Matic:
- Security Features. The antivirus uses whitelisting technology to protect your system from a virus or malware attack.
- Ads can be frustrating if you only want to enjoy browsing the internet or using specific programs on your computer. Luckily, PC Matic shuts down the annoying pop-ups or any other malicious ads in your system.
- Security Awareness Training. The antivirus does more than just protect your system from a malware/antivirus attack. Rather, it also offers KnowBe4 Training, which teaches you how to stay safe on the internet. The best part is that the program is free with any of the available subscriptions.
- Programmed PC Maintenance. This is a common feature in most antivirus programs out there, but it is also worth pointing out. Whenever you use your computer, PC Matic will run multiple services to keep the system safe from malware and viruses. The only negative thing is that the processes can make your computer slow. The optimization tool of the antivirus will clean up the unnecessary files like temp internet files, file fragments, thumbnail cache, cookies, and more.
You can be sure of enjoying an antivirus that works all the time to keep your computer safe from viruses, malware, or any other attack.
The reliability of any antivirus is based on the rate of detections it has. How quickly does the antivirus detect if there is any virus or malware in the system? What action does it offer you to take?
Generally, PC Matic is quite reliable regarding its virus protection tests. You can rely on PC Matic to protect your system from 0-day malware attacks, web and email threats, or any other dominant malware.
The antivirus is so strict with its malware protection that it will block software or programs that might not be harmful to your system. At the end of the day, it only shows how reliable and safe the antivirus is.
It’s better to have the safe programs blocked than risk granting access to any program that might be harmful to your system.
PC Matic comes with a generous offer of a free trial version, but you will enjoy nothing other than a scan and alerts on any virus or malware found. You cannot take any further action.
The paid versions are available in two options; annual and lifetime.
The annual offer costs $50 and it can protect 5PCs, while the Lifetime/Evergreen option goes for $300 for 5PCs. These plans are affordable compared to what most antiviruses offer.
Luckily, you will enjoy all the features regardless of the paid version you opt for. It would be fair to say that PC Matic has a good value for money. Above all, you’ll still enjoy a 30-day money-back guarantee. So, you don’t have anything to lose.
Regarding the customer support, PC Matic wouldn’t be your ideal choice if you wanted a one-on-one support. It doesn’t have the online chats or such.
Rather, you will enjoy some educative content with PC Matic. For instance, their FAQ pages are quite educative, there are also some How-To videos and product support that assures you of the needed knowledge.
User Experience/Ease of Use
PC Matic is quite easy to use, and it would give any use an easy time to get started with it. The installation of the antivirus program is quick and easy. You simply have to download the software and follow the easy-to-understand steps.
Launching websites can be swift when PC Matic is running, but this can be affected if your computer has a lot of malware or other suspicious programs. However, launching standard software applications can be slower if PC Matic is running.
Since it can easily block a safe site or program, you will need to unblock it manually. This means that the program can be added to the Whitelist of the antivirus. Some users don’t appreciate how PC Matic scores in this section.
However, if you are looking for a cyber-protection antivirus, PC Matic definitely makes it big in that. It will actually protect your system from viruses and malware threats.
Generally, PC Matic is a good antivirus that can actually help to keep you safe from the common malware and virus attacks. Yes, it might sometime block trusted sites and programs, but that still means your system will be safe from any attack. You can test-drive it for 30 days and still get your money back if it doesn’t satisfy you. So yes, it is worth the try.