Windows 10 or 8, office or home, local or network user etc, sometime or the other you are bound to forget your password. Different methods suggested my Microsoft Technical support team can help you in such hairpulling situations. But the easiest of them all, is to use Windows Password recovery utilities.
For example, if you own a Dell laptop with Windows 7 OS, it is highly likely that you already added a security password for your file and privacy protection. But sometimes, you go on a holiday or relatives house and laptop users tend to forget these passwords. So it is always reliable to write down your password somewhere safe.
But in worst cases, your password is so complicated that it contains, alpha-numeric characters, that it is highly difficult to recollect. So, without this user and sometimes which is the admin password, you cannot login to your system. In that case, the only option is to either to reset Windows password or delete the account and create a new one.
Table of Contents
What happens when you forget your Windows user Password?
- You will not have access to your files or folders.
- The access to the Internet is denied.
- Once cannot check their emails.
- Office offline programs like Excel, Word etc cannot be used.
- Drafting of documents in Word, Notepad and Wordpad is not possible.
- Photos and Videos are not accessible and cannot be played.
- Adobe Reader and Photoshop will stop working and you cannot edit your images.
- Processes running in the background may stop after a while.
- If a batch process gets corrupted, you cannot solve it.
- Windows errors and other diagnostics are not accessible.
To circumvent these kind of problems, I researched and asked my fellow friends, who suggested UUkeys Windows Password Mate as one of the good software utility to accomplish the reset task. One should remember, there are lot of such utilities on the net, but this works in 5 minutes and has good reputation.
You can also search Google for other products, but each one is different from another, price and feature wise. So it’s always better to use products recommended by your friends and experts.
Since this also has trial version, you can try before you can buy. Then you can contact sales support for any of your doubts.
How to Use UUKeys as a Windows Password Recovery Utility?
The process is very simple to unlock your password.
- First download this tiny utility on a working PC.
- Now Insert a CD/DVD or USB drive into the accessible computer.
- Launch the program.
- Using the Burn option of UUKeys, you burn a reset-disk with the built-in ISO image.
- Reboot your locked PC and inset the reset-disk created earlier.
- Then your local user password account will be unlocked.
What are the different versions of UUKeys?
Just like any other Windows Password Recovery utility, this tool also comes in different versions.
- Standard Version ($29.95)
- Professional Version ($39.95)
- Advanced Version. ($49.95)
What are the features of UUKeys?
All the versions come with a free trial. So, you can test its features to some limited extent, using it.
The standard version comes with the following features.
- Windows local admins and user accounts associated with it can be reset or removed.
- You can create a new Administrator account
- Windows Password reset can be done through reset CD/DVD and USB flash drive.
- Supports all Windows OS – 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP, 2000 and NT workstations.
The Professional version in addition to the standard version supports the following.
- It can reset local password for Windows Server 2008/2003/2000/NT.
The Advanced supports all the features.
- It can remove user passwords for Microsoft Word, Excel, PPT, Access etc.
- Windows Domain Administrator or User Passwords connected to it can be reset or removed.
- Remove a local or domain admin account.
- Windows Server accounts like 2012/2008(R2)/2003(R2)/2000 are all supported.
The best advantage of this product is this will work on brands of laptops and PCs like Dell, HP, IBM, Sony, ASUS etc. You also have lifetime free upgrade and is 100% secure. The technical support is also fast and quick.
But you don’t get the normal 30 day refund policy in this product, as they are giving free trial version. Only under certain circumstances, you get a full refund. But afterwards you have to remove the software and license key.
In the coming Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, there is a new feature going to be added. In the login screen itself, you can see the options “Reset password” or “I forgot my PIN”. Then you will be given different ways like email, mobile etc. to send your security code. Once you enter that code, you are all set to regain your login credentials. This can also be done through Cortana.
But what about the previous Windows 10 users having Anniversary or Creators update? What about Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 users? They don’t have that facility. They still have to use the third-party tools to recover or reset their passwords.